So excited that I discovered another new way to eat quinoa! This recipe provides lots of protein to get your day started or to re-energize post workout. If you are a quinoa lover like me then try it out- you won't regret it!
Recipe makes 1 omelette.
1. Cook quinoa and set aside.
2. Heat nonstick pan to medium-low. Add butter and let melt.
3. In a small glass bowl, crack 3 eggs. For a healthier omelette, use only egg whites. Whisk eggs together. Pour mixed eggwhites in pan, do not stir. Let sit for 2 minutes, or until sides are cooked. Slowly shake the pan to release the egg from the bottom.
4. Using a spoon or your hands, spread the quinoa over the flat egg whites, covering the entire bottom with a thin layer. Add spinach to one half of the omelette.
5. Gently fold over one side of omelette using a plastic spatula. Let cook for 1 minute. Flip omelette and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and enjoy right away!